Join the next virtual European Future Leaders (FEL) event on How to boost renewables to meet the EU climate target? on Friday 26.03.2021 15:00-16:30h CET.
With the Green Deal the EU wants to become the world’s first carbon neutral continent. In 2020, renewables generated more electricity than fossil fuels for the first time. Are market designs across Europe set up to enable the required expansion of renewable capacity? How do renewable subsidy schemes differ? And how can PPAs support meeting the EU climate target? These questions will be address in our next European FEL event with:
- Sjoerd Ammerlaan, Regional Manager Europe, World Energy Council: Release of the WEC Issue Monitor 2021
- Lucia Fuselli, Energy Specialist, European Investment Bank: Overview of Market Designs Across Europe
- Annkathrin Rabe, Originator, Statkraft Markets GmbH: Renewables in Germany
- Cristian Montoya, Director Smart Grids, E-Mobility & Innovation, Alpiq: Renewables in France
- Andreas Formosa, Senior Analyst, Clifford Chance: Renewables in UK
- Silvia Escudero, Originator, Statkraft Markets GmbH: Renewables in Spain and Portugal
- Christian Schnell, Partner, Solivan Pontes law firm: Renewables in Poland
Moderation by Nuno Marinho, Innovation Project Manager, EDP NEW and Bruno Henrique Santos, Associate Director, REN Portgás.
The event is hosted by the European Future Energy Leaders (FELs) – a World Energy Council network.
Join us for a tour across Europe’s renewable energy systems and a discussion of how to boost renewables to meet the EU climate target.